ACAP Announces Participation in the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program

This program serves hundreds of children throughout Aroostook County to ensure our children...
This program serves hundreds of children throughout Aroostook County to ensure our children have access to the nutrition they need to grow and learn.(ACAP)
Published: Sep. 20, 2021 at 2:27 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Aroostook County – Aroostook County Action Program (ACAP) today announced the agency is seeking applications from eligible child care facilities who are interested in participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP); a federally funded U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) program that reimburses eligible institutions for serving healthy, affordable meals to children and adults who are enrolled for care at participating child care center and day care homes.

ACAP’s CACFP Specialist, Connie Montpetit, stressed how critical it is to recruit more institutions and facilities across the State to participate in the program, especially in light of the public health emergency. “Many children depend on childcare centers to serve meals that will meet their daily nutritional needs. The CACFP ensures participating programs provide safe and flexible meal services according to the nutrition standards set by USDA, so that children in care receive balanced, nutritional meals and snacks.” She added, “The program also plays a vital role in improving the quality of childcare and makes it more affordable for many families with low incomes.”

Qualifying eligibility data can be found on DECAL’s website at To learn more about participating in the CACFP, contact Connie Montpetit at or 207-554-4125.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or 3. email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Copyright 2021 WAGM. All rights reserved.